Armour steels brand of products are produced at state-of-the-art ISO 9001 certified green field manufacturing unit is equipped with sophisticated and modern machinery located strategically in Salem, Tamilnadu. The plant spread over 2.50 Lacs Sq.ft of areas with convenient transportation and having the covered shed of 50,000 Sq.ft area. To meet our growth plans, Armour has recently expanded the production line capacity to 1600 metric tons per month, which is approximately 4 lakhs square feet area. This available capacity provides us the agility to supply materials on schedule over our competitors.
The Armour plant follows at streamlined manufacturing process with high levels of quality control to ensure speedy and efficient production of strong and 100% defect -free steel frames. The plant is equipped with sophisticated CNC-enabled European & Chinese manufacturing equipment to like:
CNC Plasma Cutting Lines, Automatic H Beam Welding Lines, Cold Roll Forming Machines for Roofing and Cladding Sheets, Cold Roll Forming Machines for “C, Z & Sigma” Purlins, Automatic Shotblasting and Compressor for painting.
World-class nesting software for the accurate and optimized section from the steel plates, Oxygen shield air plasma for error-free and ready-to-weld edges.
- Very high precision plasma cutting.
- High mechanical accuracy to /- 0.1 mm
- Axis positioning speed of 12 meters/min
- X and 11 axis travel on precision double “V” linear guides.
- Windows based CNC unit.
- Fast and accurate positioning with brushless ac servo motors.
- The long axis is dual synchronized.
- Strong integrated cutting table io supports heavy loads.
- Crash protected magnetic mount for the plasma torch head.
- Quick response AVC automatic torch height control.
- Automatic nesting software.
- Unitary design allows fast and easy installation if required machine Can be readily moved around workshop to suit changing workloads.
The main feature of this welding is that – The weld and the arc area is protected from environmental contamination by the application of a granular flux which is fusible. The weld pool is protected by a blanket of flux. So that area is actually submerged under that flux. When the temperature rises and molten the flux becomes conductive. And thus this creates a path for electron flow between electrode and work piece. SAW or Submerged Arc welding can be done by manual procedure or automatic process. But it can be done by the semi-automatic process where welding gun is hold by hand.
- The joining of pressure vessels such as boilers.
- Many structural shapes, earth moving equipment, pipes.
- Railroad construction, locomotives and ship building.
- Repairing machine parts.
- This welding process has high deposit rate. Almost 45kg/h can be deposited.
- In mechanized applications.
- Very little welding fume is seen.
- No edge preparation is needed.
- This process is applicable indoor as well as outdoor.
- No chance of weld spatter as it is submerged in a flux blanket.
We use shot blasting machine for removing rust from steel, primary steel is cleaned to specification ST2. One coat of shop primer red oxide zine chromate is applied. We also provide two coat of enamel paint on the site. Electrodes and other consumables followed as per IS Codes.