HEAVY STEEL STRUCTURES
- YOU ARE HERE:
- HEAVY STEEL STRUCTURES
- Structures in which the members are made of steel and are joined by welding, riveting, or bolting.
- Because of the high strength of steel these structures are reliable and require fewer raw materials than other types of structures.
- Steel structures, distinguished by the diversity of their shapes and by their architectural expressiveness.
- Fabrication and installation of steel structures are realized through industrial methods.
- The main disadvantage of steel structures is susceptibility to corrosion, that requires proper protective measures, such as the application of special coatings and paints, be taken periodically, thereby increasing the service costs.